Does Your Makeup Expire?!February 08, 2012
It would be great if every piece of makeup would indicate the expiration date.That would be a reminder that your lipstick, which looks like ...
It would be great if every piece of makeup would indicate the expiration date.That would be a reminder that your lipstick, which looks like new is ready for the trash.
- Liquid foundation and concealer After the opening,the liquid foundation has a shelf life of 1 year.To maximize shelf life keep it away from the heat and sun.You should keep all your brushes and sponges clean to prevent contamination.It should be thrown away when you notice a change in the texture and smell.
- Pressed or loose powder These powders can be used 1 to 3 years.Wash your sponges or brushes regularly with mild liquid soap and allow them to dry completely.
- Eyeliner You can use it up to 1 year.Throw it away when it becomes dry and when it starts smelling different.
- Mascara It can be used 3 to 6 months the most.Many of us "pump" the mascara,but you will not get more that way...you are inserting air which will make the mascara dry faster.When it becomes dry or when it changes it's scent... toss it.Be careful with mascara because it can lead to very serious infections like conjunctivitis.
- Eye Shadows Powder shadows can be used up to 3 years and creamy shadows up to a year.
- Blush Powder blush can be used about 3 years and cream blush up to a year.
- Lipstick It can be used 2 years.Toss it when you notice a different scent and when it stops being creamy.
- Lip or Eyeliner 1 to 2 years.You should sharpen it after each use to avoid contamination.It's definitely time to get rid of it when it starts to crumble.