Cold Health home remedies Life
Homemade Cold RemediesNovember 20, 2013
Many people are getting a cold at this time of the year so I decided to share with you some of the natural cold remedies that I usually ...
- Put some potato pieces soaked in apple cider vinegar on your feet and then two pairs of socks over it, it will bring the temperature down really fast. When the potatoes are dry throw them away, if the fever is still high just repeat the process. You can also use egg white if you don't have any potatoes.
- Homemade raspberry juice reduces fever and gives you energy. Just cook some raspberries and then drink the juice in the morning and at night.
Cough and Sore Throat
- Peppermint tea is good for the cough or if you don't like tea you can melt some sugar in a pot and pour milk over it then bring it to a boil, especially the kids love this since it calms the cough but it also tastes awesome.
- For a very bad cough eat a toast with honey and lots of garlic (I know it sounds bad but it really helps).
- If your throat hurts when swallowing gargle with salt water few times a day.
- Put some honey and a bit of black pepper on a gauze and then place it on your neck, you can wrap a scarf or a linen cloth around it. Just make sure the black pepper isn't directly touching your neck as it can irritate your skin. Leave it on for an hour or more.
Other things that you can do during the cold are to drink a lot of water, eat a lot of garlic since garlic is a natural antibiotic (garlic needs to be raw and crushed), eat some homemade chicken soup and get a lot of rest.